formerly Diane's Addled Ramblings... the ramblings are still addled, just like before, and the URL is still the same...
it's just the title at the top of the page that's new

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

My Baby Was on Fire Tonight!

Hi Everyone! I couldn't go to bed without posting a few photos of Ryan's first swim meet. She did an INCREDIBLE job and won first place in her first event (a 50-meter freestyle) and first place in her heat for her second (25-meter freestyle)... we won't know how she placed for that overall event until tomorrow, but I'm sure she did well. I was SO proud of her!! She was really nervous and unsure of procedure and all the particulars (it was confusing), but she sucked it up, dove right in (literally), and did amazingly well! And it was my first meet to function as a 'stroke and turn judge', which was really hard for certain events, but overall a lot of fun. I got a chuckle, too, when I realized that the coach for the other team was a girl (well, a woman now) I swam with on the Westover team 27 years ago! We spent 5 minutes or so assuring each other that neither of us has changed since high school... oh, shut up.

I'm off to bed now... it's been a long night and I'm spending the day in DC tomorrow with 3 noisy little girls... night night...

3 comments:

Melanie Gillispie said...

Go Goddaughter!!!

Anonymous said...

I suppose ignorance is bliss...at least that seems to be the prevailing thought. If you make a friendly inquiry about another commentator here, your posting is erased. Oh well!

Good news about Ryan nonetheless

Wait to go kiddo!

Diane said...

Hmmm... I didn't understand your comment, Mystery Man, which is why it was erased... Mel is not a confection, though she is sweet at times. She is my daughter's godmother (clearly, given that she said, "Go Goddaughter!")

Anything else you'd like to know?