I was ‘tagged’ today by a bloggy friend, which means I have to relay 7 random/weird facts about myself in my blog and then tag 7 other people to do the same. I don’t really have 7 other bloggy friends, as I haven’t been doing it that long, so I challenge all of you to tell me 7 random/weird facts about you. And since most of you seem to have an aversion to commenting here, but no problem telling me via email what you think of my little missives, feel free to drop me a note that way if you'd rather… I look forward to reading them! OK, here goes…
1. I have a death fear of fowl… chickens, geese, and especially turkeys (UGH!). You know those news specials they do around Thanksgiving, where the reporter has to stand in the middle of a turkey farm? They are why I never became a reporter.
2. I have… ummm… issues… with public restrooms (actually, with any restroom that’s not in my own house). I can pee in them, but that’s about it. I picked my college, not for academics or social programs, but because they had a bathroom between every two rooms, so I’d never have to share a hall bathroom with 75 other girls. Pathetic, huh? Even Ryan thinks so... but she can poop anywhere... Target, the grocery store, restaurants... anywhere. I wish!
3. I don’t like Christmas. I really don’t… the stress of giving the perfect gift, the ‘spirit of giving’ that goes away on December 26th, nothing but Christmas carols on the radio from the day after Thanksgiving to the New Year, etc. Years ago, my employees gave me a mug for Christmas that said “Bah Humshit”. It was my favorite gift… until it shattered when I dropped it... sigh.
4. I simply cannot go to bed without brushing my teeth. Unless I’m drunk. Then I can go to bed without doing pretty much anything.
5. I think Playboy is a great magazine (and yes, I know I just risked my membership in the Women’s Club). Don’t get me wrong, I hate the pictures of the neckit girls (that’s Elkton-speak), as they make me feel seriously inferior, but I love the articles and interviews. I’m always happy when I meet a guy who reads it (because no, I won’t go buy one for myself).
6. I don’t like coffee (yuck) but I love coffee-flavored things (ice cream, candy, etc. Yum).
7. When I was little, I was incredibly shy. I wouldn’t even speak in public and people thought I was deaf like my brother. But yeah, I SO got over it.