I got tagged for a meme (as in, ‘let me tell you about ME! ME!’) by my pal Heinous today… so now I have to come up with 7 random/weird facts about me and then make 7 of you do the same.
1. I was supposed to be named Sharon but my dad heard the song, ‘My Diane’ on the radio just before I was born… so now I’m me instead of her.
2. I have visited 2 psychics in my life, 10 years apart (and just for fun, really!), and they both told me I’d be married twice and have 2 kids – a boy and a girl. Since I already have the girl and I know I’m not (“not” as in “no way in freakin’ Hell”) shooting any others out, I find dating men who have one son mighty appealing… not that they’re the only men I date, but there’s a part of me that figures they have a better shot than the others… you know… cosmically speaking.
3. I can spit through my two front teeth. Far.
4. I once walked through a very elegant and very expensive restaurant with 6 feet of toilet paper stuck to my shoe. Now I never (ever) leave a public restroom without checking for trailers.
5. I have more close male friends than female friends.
6. I can’t sleep with any part of my body hanging off the bed… because I am certain the monster who lives under my bed will grab me and drag me to his lair during the night.
7. When I realized my marriage was truly over, I threw my wedding ring into the Catawba River. It was cathartic and symbolic and it made me feel immeasurably better.
OK, that’s 7 things. I’m tagging Mel, Protégé, JeepGirl17, and Shanna. And yeah, I know that’s not 7... sue me.