formerly Diane's Addled Ramblings... the ramblings are still addled, just like before, and the URL is still the same...
it's just the title at the top of the page that's new

Friday, October 17, 2008

It's All About Meme...

I got tagged for a meme (as in, ‘let me tell you about ME! ME!’) by my pal Heinous today… so now I have to come up with 7 random/weird facts about me and then make 7 of you do the same.

1. I was supposed to be named Sharon but my dad heard the song, ‘My Diane’ on the radio just before I was born… so now I’m me instead of her.

2. I have visited 2 psychics in my life, 10 years apart (and just for fun, really!), and they both told me I’d be married twice and have 2 kids – a boy and a girl. Since I already have the girl and I know I’m not (“not” as in “no way in freakin’ Hell”) shooting any others out, I find dating men who have one son mighty appealing… not that they’re the only men I date, but there’s a part of me that figures they have a better shot than the others… you know… cosmically speaking.

3. I can spit through my two front teeth. Far.

4. I once walked through a very elegant and very expensive restaurant with 6 feet of toilet paper stuck to my shoe. Now I never (ever) leave a public restroom without checking for trailers.

5. I have more close male friends than female friends.

6. I can’t sleep with any part of my body hanging off the bed… because I am certain the monster who lives under my bed will grab me and drag me to his lair during the night.

7. When I realized my marriage was truly over, I threw my wedding ring into the Catawba River. It was cathartic and symbolic and it made me feel immeasurably better.

OK, that’s 7 things. I’m tagging Mel, Protégé, JeepGirl17, and Shanna. And yeah, I know that’s not 7... sue me.

11 comments:

Melanie Gillispie said...

Man! You know someone for almost 20 years and you still find out new things about them. That's kind of cool!

Anonymous said...

OMG. Seriously? I have the EXACT same fear of ANY body part hanging off the bed. I won't even let a finger or a toe get loose over the edge.
Funny!

Also, I did a meme similar to this one a while ago...if ya wanna read it, it's here:

http://somanysmiles.blogspot.com/2008/02/couple-of-things.html

:)

Zuzana said...

This is the first time I have been tagged.:P And for a MEME of all things! Does it mean I now have to list 7 things about myself? Hmm,let me think... this might take a wile...;););)

Anonymous said...

Wow that was weird you mentioned the psychic, for some reason that popped into my head the other day, I guess laughing at what was said that day!I'm in year 5 now, guess that means I should be moving, let alone on my 3rd husband and 2nd kid LOL. I agree with Mel, it always amazing me the things I find out after all these years...when did you toss your ring?? You should have popped those stones out, sold them and spend the money on something that you know would have pissed him off !! Of course it doesn't take much to piss him off :)

Zuzana said...

Sorry Diane, I totally forgot to comment on this post! I have also been to a psychic once and I just simply love #4!.:))

Unknown said...

I'm glad you're you and not her. If they were such good psychics, why did they just send your reading in the mail before you got there along with the bill? They make a spray for those monsters. We use it in my son's room. It's called Febreze. One of these days he'll catch on.

Diane said...

Cari... I didn't throw THAT ring in the river! I threw the band away. The other ring will likely get sold on EBay one day.

Zuz... You would have loved it when it happened, too. Not one of my classier moments, let me tell you!

H... I didn't say they were good psychics (are there good psychics?). Febreeze, huh? I'll try it (but I'm not hopeful... that SOB has been there since I was little).

jill jill bo bill said...

OMG! I do this spit thing, too! It's called gleeking or lizard tongue.(we were in third grade when we did this, give me a break) I can shoot spit from under my tongue across the room and hit you with a sprinkling of saliva and be looking down by the time it hits you. I am so sneaky!! I drove my teachers CRAZY!!!! Thanks for stopping by and commenting!!!

hebba said...

Hey, thanks for the tag. I actually find these a bit fun. Now, what the heck do I write?

Lee said...

I'm not entirely sure I needed to know some of them but, hey!, thanks anyway.

Stu Pidasso said...

Those are some great facts!! I tossed mine out the window driving down the road. Your right, I felt better too!! Have fun and keep looking for that one armed, oops, I mean, one son man!! GB!!