I got tagged for another meme by Kendall over at The Odd Duck. Kendall might just be the loveliest man on the planet (aside from my Heinous, of course ;) and he gives me hope that there are still wonderful single men out there (even if I do have socks older than they are). Anyway, at his request, here are yet another 6 random things/habits/quirks, all about moi (don't fall asleep!). I’m supposed to tag 6 more people, but I’m going to leave it open… if you want to do it, do it… but tell me so I can read all about it!
1. Though I work from home (all by myself) now, I used to manage loads of people, and I had a reputation for being intimidating. I never understood it, as I always thought I was pretty easy-going.
2. I have lived in 2 countries, 4 states, 8 cities, and 15 houses. I’m still searching for home.
3. I love public speaking. Tell me I have to give a speech in front of a room full of people, and I’m a happy camper. This is extra odd considering how shy I was as a kid.
4. I love big bodies of water and I really love to swim, but if I’m in water where I can’t see the bottom, it totally wigs me out. My imagination takes over, I hear the Jaws music in my head, and I have to do the mad splash for land.
5. If I don’t like you, I simply cannot look you in the eye. I never realized this until my mother pointed it out a while ago. And it’s true. I just can’t do it. I’m big on eye contact as a rule, too, so it’s incredibly awkward and (I’m told) it makes people very uncomfortable. But I can’t help it. The only other time I can’t look a person in the eye is when they’ve hurt me and I don’t want them to see how much.
6. When I stay alone in a hotel, I always check under the beds before I go to sleep (just in case that damned monster followed me from home).
PS... did you notice I finally figured out how to include a link?! It only took me 3 months. Yeah, I'm THAT quick.