formerly Diane's Addled Ramblings... the ramblings are still addled, just like before, and the URL is still the same...
it's just the title at the top of the page that's new

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Out of the Mouths of Tweens...

OK, I’m breaking my ‘no political crap’ vow once more. But it’s worth it, I promise. This little discourse took place in our car this morning on the way to school…

Radio Guy: This is the first election in which both candidates are seated Senators.
Ry: What does that mean?
Me: That both candidates are currently members of the Senate.
Ry: Isn’t it that way every election?
Me: No. Some candidates were never Senators. Some were Governors, like Clinton. Several years ago, a private citizen ran. Bush was… ummm… what was Bush? Oh yeah, he was Governor of Texas.
Ry (very seriously): No he wasn’t, Mama. He was just a dude. Remember? He was the idiot Texas is missing.

After I cleaned the tea off my steering wheel I made a mental note to explain bumper stickers more clearly.

16 comments:

Melanie Gillispie said...

I LOVE MY GODDAUGHTER SOOOOO MUCH! And, seriously, you maybe need to stop drinking tea or else it will end up on all the surfaces around you.

Sam_I_am said...

she's awesome :)

Jane! said...

Haha! Sometimes it works the other way around. I remember the first time we saw a
BUSH
LLIT
bumper sticker. I was still puzzling when my 13-year-old yelled Bull $hit!
I'm pretty sure the peeps in the next three cars heard.
ps- I thought I was already 'stalking' you but now I am officially... I think... I hope

Claremont First Ward said...

I'm glad you broke your "political crap" vow. This was perfect.

Lacey in the Sky said...

That's so funny! It's my firm belief that kids are smarter than most adults when it comes to politics!

McDreamy has no older brothers! I'm thinking of cloning him though and pimping out my clones! :)

Lacey in the Sky said...

That's so funny! It's my firm belief that kids are smarter than most adults when it comes to politics!

McDreamy has no older brothers! I'm thinking of cloning him though and pimping out my clones! :)

Kendall said...

My first car had that bumper sticker. Oh good times indeed with the Blue Thunder.

LazyCrazyMama said...

LOL!!! HILARIOUS! I love it! And it's so true! :) but don't tell anyone i said that ;)

Rachel said...

I am still laughing!

Jennie said...

that is awesome... and so true....

Lee said...

I laugh, then I cry.

Unknown said...

That was well worth breaking your vow. You should be proud :)

J Cosmo Newbery said...

I really do not understand why she has such a high opinion of him...

Anonymous said...

LOL! Seriously. LOL!

Zuzana said...

Diane; read it, got it and am -just like everyone else here- laughing out loud!:)))

Ronda's Rants said...

Your daughter is a genius!!!
That's all I am saying!