formerly Diane's Addled Ramblings... the ramblings are still addled, just like before, and the URL is still the same...
it's just the title at the top of the page that's new

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

The More Things Change, the More They Stay the Same

Back when Ryan was 9, I did a bloggy meme interview with her, to see how well she knew me. Turned out, she knew me pretty well. I thought it would be fun to see how she would answer the same questions today, at 14-years-old. Turns out, she still knows me pretty well. And she still makes me laugh!

What is something I always say to you?
9-year-old Ryan: That you love me.
14-year-old Ryan: GET UP! (When she was 9, she had to wake me up.)

What makes me happy?
9-year-old Ryan: Me!
14-year-old Ryan: Sundance. (I'll say it again... he gives me no lip and no attitude.)

What makes me sad?
9-year-old Ryan: When I'm rude and act like an idiot.
14-year-old Ryan: Dead animals. (Not the answer I expected, but true.)

How do I make you laugh?
9-year-old Ryan: By acting like a dork and telling fart jokes.
14-year-old Ryan: Fart jokes. (Some things never change.)

What was I like as a child?
9-year-old Ryan: How the heck should I know?!
14-year-old Ryan: I don't know. How would I know? (Again, some things never change.)

How old am I?
9-year-old Ryan: 44
14-year-old Ryan: 48 (Damn. I should do these surveys more often.)

How tall am I?
9-year-old Ryan: Ummmm... 5'2"?
14-year-old Ryan: 5'6" (And the doctor said I was finished growing at 13.)

What's my favorite thing to do?
9-year-old Ryan: Go hiking.
14-year-old Ryan: Write. (I'm always afraid she's going to say "eat." Not that it wouldn't be true.)

What do I do when you're not around?
9-year-old Ryan: You're on the computer.
14-year-old Ryan: Work. (I need to get a life. Obviously.)

If I became famous, what would it be for?
9-year-old Ryan: Writing a book.
14-year-old Ryan: Writing a book. (Clearly I need to get a move on.)

What am I really good at?
9-year-old Ryan: Making chili.
14-year-old Ryan: Writing. (She's a one-trick pony, my kid.)

What do I do for work?
9-year-old Ryan: Write resumes for people who can't write them for themselves.
14-year-old Ryan: Help unemployed kids get jobs. (So she doesn't tune me out all the time.)

What's my favorite food?
9-year-old Ryan: Umm... complicated foods that I don't like.
14-year-old Ryan: Wine. (I should be embarrassed. Shouldn't I?)

What makes you proud of me?
9-year-old Ryan: When you get the little kids on the swim team to stop being afraid of the water. And that you're really funny and all my friends love you.
14-year-old Ryan: Your sense of humor. No one else's parents are as funny as you. (Aw! Wait, that's 'funny ha-ha'... right?)

If I were a cartoon character, who would I be?
9-year-old Ryan: Jerry from Tom and Jerry, 'cause he's really smart.
14-year-old Ryan: Calvin from Calvin and Hobbes. And I'd be Hobbes. (Heh. I like it!)

What do we do together?
9-year-old Ryan: Go camping and hiking and swimming and to the movies. We have fun!
14-year-old Ryan: Um, like, everything. (She didn't say that with a frown. I promise!)

How are we alike?
9-year-old Ryan: We both talk a lot. And we like to read. And we're both sarcastic.
14-year-old Ryan: Same sense of humor. Same nose. Same laugh. (The last two really cheese her off. Heh.)

How are we different?
9-year-old Ryan: I'm dark and you're really white.
14-year-old Ryan: I have more sass. (Which gets her more stink-eye.)

How do you know I love you?
9-year-old Ryan: 'Cause you're my mom. Duh.
14-year-old Ryan: It's sort of a given, isn't it? (Duh.)

What do I like best about your dad? (Uh oh...)
9-year-old Ryan: That he lives in Alabama!
14-year-old Ryan: Child support. (Heh. And? Heh.)

Where is my favorite place to go?
9-year-old Ryan: England!
14-year-old Ryan: England. (That answer will likely be correct for a long, long time.)

1 comment:

Sam_I_am said...

This was a really cute idea!