formerly Diane's Addled Ramblings... the ramblings are still addled, just like before, and the URL is still the same...
it's just the title at the top of the page that's new

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Herself

I created a human being more than 14 years ago. I had help, certainly, as you must, but I did a lot of it by myself, as you do. And in the 14 years since she made her abrupt and rather painful entrance into the world, I've taken care of her, largely, by myself.

It hasn't always been easy.

But it has always been worth it.

She is a remarkable child. Well, I guess we're getting to the point where I can't call her a child any longer, even though she'll always be my child.

She is a remarkable young woman.

Her life is not perfect... and often, it's not easy. That is, sometimes, by design. And, sometimes, by circumstance.

But she lives it with amazing creativity and humor. And a bit of attitude. And, sometimes, with minor dramatic meltdowns.

She is 14, after all.

In the past few months, she has astounded me with her maturity. She has handled a few set-backs and confrontations with incredible grace. She has made me proud, as she does.

I love her. I love her more than I ever imagined it was possible to love another human being. And I have imagined some big, big love.

She is her own person. She sees the world in her own unique way. She thinks her own thoughts and feels her own feelings and lives her own life.

But she is mine. And she will be, forever, mine.

Herself.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love it!!! She is so pretty and seems like such a great kid!

dianne said...

Ryan is beautiful, she sounds like a wonderful young woman and you are certainly a great Mother.
hugs
xoxoxo ♡