formerly Diane's Addled Ramblings... the ramblings are still addled, just like before, and the URL is still the same...
it's just the title at the top of the page that's new

Friday, July 11, 2008

It's Vacation Time... well, eventually...

Why is it that on days when you’re in a hurry or have 800 things to do, the forces of the Universe conspire against you to make life difficult? Why?! OK, I’ll concede that had I done 200 things each day this week (as opposed to leaving all 800 for today), I wouldn’t be so stressed. And I’ll admit that the decision to stay up until 1:00 this morning watching reruns of The Office might not have been the brightest plan I’ve ever hatched. And yes, I know that I complain in the same manner as I’m whining right now every single time I’m getting ready to get out of town and that I never, ever seem to learn. That’s all BESIDE the point. The point is… ummm… what was the point again? Oh, never mind. I was writing to tell you all ‘good-bye’, as vacation time is making its way (rapidly) here. We might (translated: we’d damn-well better) make it out of town by Sunday morning… and Ryan and I will arrive at Acadia National Park, on the beautiful coast of Maine, sometime Monday afternoon (after spending Sunday night in NJ, at my Aunt Jean’s). We’ll hang out in the wilderness for a week, and will return home (via NJ again) the following Monday. It’ll be heavenly, I’m sure, and I’ll have lots of photos to share! So everyone take care, have a wonderful week, and we’ll speak soon!

Now, off to the basement, and the grocery store, and Target, and the wilderness outfitters place, and the bank, and the post office, and the gas station, and my brother’s house, and swim practice…

Much love… Diane… XO

No comments: