formerly Diane's Addled Ramblings... the ramblings are still addled, just like before, and the URL is still the same...
it's just the title at the top of the page that's new

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Sunday, Rainy Sunday...

It's rainy and cold out but it's been a great day so far nonetheless...

Ryan and I got up and went out for breakfast, while Sundance waited ever so patiently in the car. We took a seat by a window so we could watch out for him, but the entire time we ate, he sat watching us. To reward him for his vigilance, I brought him a to-go container of scrambled eggs (he's so spoiled, that boy of mine).

After breakfast, we headed to the park for some puddle-stompin'. My boy ran around like a dervish, off-leash and happy to have the whole park to himself. My girl ran after him, chasing him, slipping in the mud, and laughing. I limped behind, amazed at their energy... wishing I could bottle it and drink deeply on days when I just don't have it in me. We stayed until the heavens opened and we got absolutely drenched. And let me just say, Sundance really stinks when he's wet. My car now smells like I've been transporting a herd of sheep... for miles and miles... and miles.

Early this afternoon, we went to the movies to see Race to Witch Mountain. It was good... edge-of-your-seat suspenseful (albeit a kid kind of suspenseful). And I have to say, whether he can act or not, Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson is one spectacular-looking man. As Ryan says, "He's very 'smiley' and his 'man boobs' are fab, not flab." I nearly fell over when I heard it come out of her mouth... I just looked at her... then I laughed big. She is right, after all.

Thanks to everyone for the advice you gave on my Mussolini Heel. I've decided that I will indeed visit a podiatrist soon. Oh, and no worries about not wearing sexy shoes anymore. That made me laugh out loud. I've always hoped someone would find Nikes sexy. Sigh. Not going barefoot will be an issue, though. I don't wear shoes if I don't have to. Who does? I'll adjust if I must, though... as we do... all of us... right? Anyway, I tried the tennis ball trick last night, which I'd read about, and it actually helped. It hurt a lot while I was doing it but it seemed to loosen my heel quite a bit. The biggest problem I had was when Sundance kept stealing the ball out from under me. In any case, my limping was not as profound today, so that was good.

I researched our summer vacation earlier. I was hoping to get us out to the Grand Canyon but given the way the economy's looking (and the fact that my ex lost his job 2 weeks ago... gulp), I'm thinking we need to stay a little closer to home. Instead, we're going to camp for a week+ on Assateague Island (the Maryland side). For those of you who don't know about Assateague or Chincoteague, look up the book, Misty of Chincoteague. The wild ponies are said to wander about the national park campground and Ryan was even willing to put up with cold-water showers and chemical toilet facilities for the chance to camp around the horses. We'll be right over the dunes from the ocean... can't beat it! Hopefully the Grand Canyon will be next summer's trip.

I guess that's all the excitement I'll lay on you for now... I don't want any of you to suffer heart palpitations or anything. Besides, I need a nap.

Hope your Sunday's been great!

23 comments:

mo.stoneskin said...

Nobody has ever bought me scrambled egg "to-go", I feel I have missed out, been subjected to a form of cruelty in fact.

Can't believe you didn't go for my option.

Anonymous said...

Never in a million years would I have thought a dog would like scrambled eggs.

I'd love to go back out to the Grand Canyon too. Gorgeous country out that way.

Candy said...

Something that worked better than the tennis ball for me - freeze a bottle of water, particularly one that has "ribs" in the side. Then roll your arch over it gently to ice massage it a few times a day. I also got a foot wheel which I used when it was starting to feel a little less painful. Yur dog will like that, too! Good luck! I know how painful that is!

A Woman Of No Importance said...

Glad your toots are feeling better after their encounter with the tennis ball, Diane.

What a day you've had, so much excitement - I was relieved when you said you were off for a nap, you've fitted so much in!

Your summer hols sound fab - We are in a similar position, looking perhaps to stay in the UK, with the exchange rate against the Euro at present - Who knows where we might end up! Should be good to write about, whatever turns up! Take care, x

Heather said...

Sounds like a great day... I've spent most of mine getting things together and tying up loose ends for my trip this week. It's been rainy and gross here all weekend. Bummer...

blognut said...

I'm glad you're having a good day, Diane. Sometimes a rainy Sunday is exactly what the doctor ordered.

I happen to think Nikes are very sexy and I'm wishing that I had worn them last night. Instead, I wore really cute shoes that cut off the blood supply to my toes. I'm only just beginning to get the feeling back in my toes.

Mama Wheaton said...

Keep working the tennis ball, it really works. We want to go to the Grand Canyon but like you it will probably be a trip closer home.

Debbie said...

my kids and I loved the books, Misty of chincoteaque..and all the others she wrote! HOW fun!!! I am thinking summer too... and budget!! LOL!! glad you have a great plan in mind!!

Unknown said...

you and me and our dogs........
we could write a book xx

Missy said...

Sounds like you had the perfect day! I do the same thing with my dog! But, is it really ribs that she gets!
I agree with Ryan about the man boobs being fab! Gotta love Mr. Johnson!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great day. Our puppies are so lucky to have us.

Spoiled, spoiled, spoiled! But wouldn't have it any other way.

Sam_I_am said...

playing in the rain is so much fun :)

Sometimes Sophia said...

So glad you guys had a wonderful day... admiring Mr. Johnson's man boobs, playing in the rain, wet dog not withstanding. Camping with the ponies sounds pretty terrific, too. I'm sure wherever you and Ryan end up, you'll have a great time.

Anonymous said...

1. The Rock is OMG sexy! 2. I love your idea of camping! we actually decided we wanted to do that this summer. 3. My puppy son loves eggs to, but he goes crazy for carrots. I find that sooo cute! 4. Have a Fantastic week!!

Michelle said...

Diane I think you are uber cool that you take Ryan camping for vacation!!!

REALLY FREAKING COOL!!!!

I am off to take a look at where you are going!!! I swear I would so love to meet you there sometime!!!

WOOHOO!!!

Melanie Gillispie said...

I just got around to watching last week's SNL where he hosted. They did this skit where Rahm Emanuel was telling Barack Obama to get mad and he turned into The Rock Obama. It was funny!

Sherri Murphy said...

Sounds like you had yourself a great day.

I think you should vacation with Ryan here in So. Illinois!

We have beautiful lakes, GARDEN OF THE GODS, Fern Cliff, lots of vineyards,camping, hiking, and ME!
(Big Al is here too.)You could stay at our place FOR FREE!NOT with him, with ME!
I'll throw a party in your honor and invite lots of single men! (No republicans!)

What do you say?

I'm going to do a post of my beautiful area this week with lots of links to various cool places for all to see because we are underrated here in So. Illinois.

J Cosmo Newbery said...

I am definitely underachieving by present standards.

Lee said...

Hey! It's raining here too!

Zuzana said...

It sounds like your Sunday was good.;))
Sorry about your heel; happy to hear you will seek a medical help though.;) I too hate doctors and "drag my feet" before seeing them.
Hope Monday is treating you well.;)
xoxo
Z

Henry the Dog said...

Scambled eggs to go! Hell, he is spoiled. I wish mum would spoil me. She won't let me eat eggs. Something to do with them being quite binding, or something. And she says I'd fart bad. I fart bad anyway so what the heck!

Anonymous said...

Your puddle stompin' egg sharin' morning sounds great! Eating breakfast out is one of my favorite (and least acted upon) things to do! I hope you get to the foot doc soon and that he can help ya with that foot of yours!

Amy McMean said...

I've never been to the island but I've seen the ponies many times while boating in the area and jet sking down there. I would suggest you invest in bug spray it will come in VERY handy.

Have a blast.