I know it's not a word. Sue me. I've got an idea for tomorrow's Writer's Workshop floating around in my head but I need to clear out some random crap before I can get to it. Oh, yeah, and I need to do some work, too. Anyway, randomosity first...
1. You know how I say that 90% of the time, Ryan's a joy and 10% of the time, I want to kick her butt into tomorrow? Yeah. Well, this morning fell under the 10% banner. Rotten little turd.
2. I don't put gas in my car until I'm lurching forward on fumes. And yes, I know it's bad for my engine. My dad gave me that lecture. A lot. In fact, one of the last things he said before he died was, "For God's sake, fill your damned car up when it's at a quarter of a tank!" I've actually run out of gas. Twice. Both times in my own driveway. But it's been 20 years since the last time. Knock wood.
3. I don't like to talk on the phone, which is weird, given how much I like to talk. I think it's because when you talk to someone in person, you can have little pauses and they don't seem awkward. But when you're on the phone, you have to fill up every second. I don't need that kind of pressure. When I'm under pressure, I say stupid stuff. Stupider than normal. And yes, I know 'stupider' isn't a word either. Sue me. I also don't like voice-mail. Because it obligates me to call people back. So I disabled it on my phone. I can see your number on my caller ID. That's all I need. And if I see your number but I don't recognize it? Don't even expect me to pick up. 'Cause I won't. Ever.
4. I have 8 pillows on my bed. And I use them all. Seriously. I make a nest and sleep in the middle of it. It's comfortable. And comforting. And I sleep alone (most of the time), so it's not an issue for anyone else. Except Sundance. And he has his own pillow. Number 9. At the bottom of the bed. I also have to have a cover over me at all times... though I always have to have one leg sticking out (unless it's really, really cold). But no part of me can hang over the edge of the bed. Ever. EVER. The monster who lives under my bed might get me. You know (you know you do). And I have to have a fan going, summer and winter, for white noise. Or else I simply cannot sleep. And now you know all my bed habits. Well, the sleep-related ones, anyway.
5. One of my favorite shows ever is The Office. But I was an Office snob at first. See, I got hooked on the UK version with Ricky Gervais before NBC did its usual copycat thing. The UK version was good... soooooo good. And because BBCAmerica broadcast it right up until the NBC version started, I refused to watch the new one. I knew it couldn't be as good because 1) our copycat shows are never as good, and 2) British humor doesn't always translate well in the US and I figured the show wouldn't last. I was wrong, of course (as I often am). It was my friend Mel, who was one of the few people I know here who really 'got' the UK version, and who is also a huge fan of Steve Carell, who told me to watch it... that I wouldn't be disappointed. It took me more than a year (I had to distance myself from Ricky Gervais... you know... like how I took 2 years after my split to start dating again) but I finally gave in and reluctantly watched a couple of episodes. It took about 4 and I was hooked. It's not the same... but it's good. Sooooo good.
That's all the random crap I have for today. Now, on to work crap. Later, 'gators.