formerly Diane's Addled Ramblings... the ramblings are still addled, just like before, and the URL is still the same...
it's just the title at the top of the page that's new

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Just Drop By... Don't Be Shy...

My adorable, funny, nutty, and always gracious friend, Sherri, over at Matter of Fact asked me if she could post one of my old posts on her blog the today. Since Sherri is never (and I mean n.e.v.e.r.) at a loss for words, I have to believe her when she says it's because she really liked it (plus, when she lies, her voice goes all squeaky, she breaks out into hives, her tongue swells, and her fingernails fall out).

Anyway, she put up my 'Defining Moments' post. Drop by her blog to have a peek if you like. She won't mind, really. And she doesn't bite. Honest. She'll even put on a pot of tea and pull up a porch chair for you. She's that sort, which is why I like her so much... plus, her hub, Big Al, is hot (sorry Sherri... I've behaved myself for a while... ;).

Oh, in the 'Defining Moments' post, I refer to another post (it's in the first defining moment), called, 'That Day'. Sherri didn't link to it but I actually think that post is one of my better pieces of writing (and it takes a lot for me to say that) so if you want to check it out (or the one Sherri posted), please do!

And Sherri? Thanks, darlin'. I love how you pay tribute to other bloggers (even the ones who hit on your husband! ;). You are a generous soul and I'm so happy to know you, my friend! XO

9 comments:

sherri said...

If you lived closer, and I thought you'd try to date Big Al, I wouldn't be so gracious. But since many miles separate the two of you (except for that one weekend you BOTH mysteriously were "away") plus, I know you. The pure guilt would kill you, so I'm not worried at all. And you're right. I've been blogging now for about 9 months and have never had writer's block ONE DAY! That's not to say my stuff's always worth reading, but something is always there- unless I'm gone or too busy.

And sorry about not linking the other post. I'll go do it now!
Dang, you're bossy.

blognut said...

I'll totally back you up when you claim that Sherri doesn't bite.

She doesn't.

I do.

Chris said...

I will definitely go check it out! In fact, right NOW!

Sometimes Sophia said...

That Day was a terrific post. I loved it the first time I read it! Off to Sherri's...

Anonymous said...

Aren't friends great?

Jessica said...

Just wanted to say I read your post on Sherri's blog and it's beautiful, just beautiful...

hooray said...

I love both pieces! It hurts my brain to think about my defining moments. Maybe someday, I can approach that topic! ;-)

And about Korea. It will be hot and humid, and I will be working 6 hours a day including Saturdays. Does that help the "jealousy" any? ;-)

I WILL MISS YOU! (But we'll be in touch!)

dianne said...

I thoroughly enjoyed reading your 'Defining Moments', yes we all have had them and inevitably there will be more to come.
You are right Big Al is very cute and Sherri is a lovely friend. ♡

Pauline said...

you are right - this is a fine piece of writing!