formerly Diane's Addled Ramblings... the ramblings are still addled, just like before, and the URL is still the same...
it's just the title at the top of the page that's new

Thursday, August 27, 2009

This and That...

Hi, my bloggy loves. I'm still around but I've had very little to say lately, it seems. I don't think I've had a creative thought in weeks. Don't know why... it could be the heat... could be the mosquitoes are sucking the creativity out of me every night, along with pints of my blood... could be that I'm tired as all get out... could be that I'm just a dolt. Dunno. So I'll just catch you up on this and that... you know, the stunningly mundane happenings that are my life...

Let's see... Ryan: She is absolutely loving her new school (whew!)... with the exception of her locker. It won't open. Correction: it won't open for her. Other people? No problem. But Ryan maintains she is doing nothing wrong... so I told her to look at the situation logically. Right. It seems she can't do that either. Anyway, her teacher let her out of class 10 minutes early yesterday so she could get into the infernal contraption. Didn't help. Then, later in the day, she was sort of kneeling down while working the combination lock. Lo and behold, it opened! But she got so excited about it, she lost her balance, fell forward, and slammed the locker shut... before she was able to get anything out of it. Her friend Anna told me she heard her scream, 'Noooooooooooooooooo!!!!' all the way down in her classroom. Oh yeah, Ryan's my kid. Her life, at times, is a comedy of errors. Hopefully today she'll manage it with no difficulty. Luckily, though, it's the only thing (so far) she's unhappy about. Long may that continue!

What else? Booby Walk Training: It's going well. I'm working out 3+ hours a day right now... in the heat... which is probably why I'm so tired. Sundance and I walk Ryan to school in the morning and then do the park circuit. We get about 3 1/2 miles in then. Then I walk to pick Ryan up at school, which is another 2 1/2 miles. I learned the first day of school that Sundance is not capable of the afternoon walk... I was waiting for some PETA groupie to smack me down in the middle of the street, as I was literally dragging his butt... the heat nearly killed him. So he stays home then and we do another 2 miles in the evening, just before the sun goes down. I've also been swimming, just to combat the walk-boredom, and I do between 45 minutes and an hour of laps in the afternoon. I'll be alternating the pool with weight training, starting next week. Although I'm tired, it's a good tired (I think) and I'm feeling stronger and faster (just call me the Bionic Woman) and fitter than I've felt in a long time. Ryan has decided to train for a 5K run in October with her friend Anna (Ironwoman's daughter) and I might give that a shot, too, as it's after the Booby Walk, so it's do-able. I'm not sure how my heel and ankle will handle running, though, so we'll see...

And that brings us to Weight Watchers: It's going remarkably well. I've lost every single week since I started (today marks week #8). I heartily recommend the program to anyone who wants to drop 10 pounds or 200... it's really fantastic. I wish I'd done it sooner. And who knows? Maybe someday soon you'll actually see photos of me on here!

Hmmmm... anything else? No... don't think so. Life is pretty dull at the moment. Hopefully it'll cool down soon, the mosquitoes will all die horrific, painful deaths, and I'll have something interesting to say. 'Til then, have a wonderful Thursday!! XOXO

Oh, I almost forgot! Thanks for all your wonderful suggestions for Cari's business. Some of them cracked me up even more than my 'CaCa' idea (Chris). She decided to go with CARIA (her last name starts with an 'A'), which means 'lovely'. I think it's just perfect and so pretty! She's starting an Etsy site soon, so I'll post a link when she gets it up and running.

12 comments:

Sherri Murphy said...

Well, finally! If you don't have time to post much, you're forgiven. How about a photo a day from your new workout program? Could be a shot of your walk , or swim time, or shrinking bod! I'm so jealous! And I'm NOT showing Big AL the photos of you either. Huh uh.

My neighbor just started Weight watchers. You guys are inspiring me. 20 lbs.! Good for you.

Keep posting sumthin'!

Heather said...

WOW - your training is impressive!! I need to kick my butt into gear and get active. Once my new dog gets healed up, he's going to make an excellent jogging buddy this fall. Much better than Toby who can't walk in a straight line. Maybe he'll learn a thing or two.

Anyway, CONGRATS on all of your success with WW!! That's awesome! Keep up the good work!

me said...

Im glad things are going well!!! sometimes no news is good news....dont worry about your followers we would rather hear good news every once in a while than to hear you having a bad time every day!!! :)

blognut said...

I have a great idea. You should walk to Chicago. It'll be great training for your booby walk, and you'll be 12 lbs by the time you get here.

Also, I think I would buy Ryan a combo masterlock and let her practice her combination skills at home without pressure.

:)

Zuzana said...

A great post from someone who has nothing to say.;))
Poor Ryan, I think I can relate. I do not believe in logic either.;))
Way to go on the weight loss.;)) I need to start doing something soon as I am going the other way. Soon I WON'T be posting any picture of me. Hehe.;))
Have a great day.;) XO

Jenera said...

That is some crazy training! I'm impressed. I've been walking but nothing near those levels.

And for Ryan? It will get better. Eventually.

Liz Wilkey (a.k.a. A Mom on Spin) said...

Yikes! With all that training, you have no time for blogging!

Amy McMean said...

Wow that's a lot of walking. I'm so proud of you. I would like to find my motivation to start doing things like that. But it's hard. I'm much better at making excuses not to do things. LOL. I'm working on that, it's a long process.

Debbie said...

Ryan cracks me up! I still have dreams about forgetting the combination to my locker....:)

dianne said...

You're not alone, my life is fairly mundane most of the time, very few pleasant highlights...
sometimes I think I work on 'auto pilot'.
Pleased that Ryan likes her new school, that is a great relief we want our children to be happy and settled...sorry about the locker, I had one like that as well.
Keep up your good work with the walking and Weight Watchers...and I like the name your friend has chosen for her business, 'CARIA' very nice. ♡

Sometimes Sophia said...

Good for you!! Your booby training and weight watching are really paying off! Don't worry about the blog... Sometimes you just don't have the time to be a writing wizard every day.

A Woman Of No Importance said...

Diane, I missed you like a crazy woman, you know that - And how do you ever worry about having nothing to blog about, when so much is going on for you, and you can manage to keep us still so entertained, my dahlink?!

Fabulous, good news on the walking training and on the ongoing and strong-willed weight loss! I know it isn't easy - If it was, I'd be doing it! I need to get a grip, girl - Well done for all that you are doing so fabulously with, petal!

Fhi x