I got tagged with another Honest Scrap Award by Hebba at JeepGirl17 last week. It dictates that I tell you 10 (more) interesting truths about me. You guys already know a whole lotta truth about me (‘interesting’ is debatable)… but here’s a bit more…
1. I always wish on stars and at wishing wells and fountains… and when I wish at wells and fountains, I always throw a quarter in because I figure it gives my wish 25x more power.
2. If there is such a thing as reincarnation (and I’m quite open to that possibility), I am certain I was a homicide detective in a previous life.
3. I’ve never owned an automatic car and I don’t expect to until I’m very old and my creaky, arthritic knee can’t manage the clutch anymore.
4. My dream home is a 1,000 square foot cottage on an old, tree-lined street… my ex’s is a 4,000 square foot luxury model in a new golf course development… and that difference is indicative of how our views about so many things diverged.
5. I’m addicted to magazines. I read 8 to 10 every month.
6. I hate to shop and pretty much only do so when I really need something, but I love getting catalogs in the mail, especially Pottery Barn and Soft Surroundings.
7. I’ve been in love twice and I’m very much afraid I never will be again.
8. If I could be 18 again, I’d start college with the intention of obtaining my PhD in psychology and working with children who have suffered trauma.
9. I have a 21-year-old cousin in Australia I’ve never met – Alyce. We’ve been corresponding for about 5 years now and she’s absolutely amazing… brilliant, funny, insightful, caring, socially/environmentally/politically-conscious. She’s who I want to be when I grow up.
10. I haven’t felt like I’ve had a real home – like I’ve belonged anywhere – for most of my adult life. It makes me sad. But I believe I’ll find it, so I haven’t given up looking.