formerly Diane's Addled Ramblings... the ramblings are still addled, just like before, and the URL is still the same...
it's just the title at the top of the page that's new

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Humming Like a... What?!

OK, this is my last post for today. As some of you know, my laptop has been in the shop for a week because it contracted pneumonia (ever so much worse than a plain old virus). It's been very, very trying for me and, apparently, for the guy at the computer service place, too, as he's been sounding more and more frustrated every day that it's taken him a week to do a job he's only getting paid $75 for. He's got an accent that I'm pegging as eastern European, though he's obviously been in the US a long time (he's been in business here for 20+ years). It's clear, however, that English was not his first language. He called me a few minutes ago to tell my computer is (FINALLY) ready... he said (very proudly, too, I might add), "I've got it up and humming like a horse!" Like a... horse? Maybe he learned English from Mr. Ed? Dunno... but as long as 'humming like a horse' means it's (FINALLY) working, I don't give a crap!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Humming like a horse - well here that means you would smell like one, LOL, I love the launguage differences, even though this was not from a true American, LOL