formerly Diane's Addled Ramblings... the ramblings are still addled, just like before, and the URL is still the same...
it's just the title at the top of the page that's new

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Platform... errr... Concourse 9 3/4 Awaits...

Tomorrow morning I’m London-bound for 10 days (and no, sorry, there’s absolutely no room in my suitcase). Well, actually I’m Dulles-bound in the morning… then Charlotte-bound in the afternoon… THEN, around 8pm, I’m (finally) London-bound. Anyway, YAY!

I do love me some London… it’s one of my favorite places in the world. I love the UK in general, truth be told, and having been born in Scotland, I’m lucky enough to hold dual-citizenship. I have dreams of moving back someday (and depending on how this damned election turns out, ‘someday’ could come sooner rather than later!).

Anyway, London is my primary destination this trip. I love how busy and interesting and vibrant the city is. I love the architecture, the history, the culture, the diversity, and the people. I love the museums and the restaurants and the pubs (especially the pubs!). I don’t, however, love how expensive it is (and the fact that the dollar is in the toilet certainly doesn’t help). But that’s the trade-off, I guess. I go as often as I can, to hang out with my friends and family. This time a friend from home is joining me, and that’s always fun, as I like to see familiar sights through fresh eyes. I’m also taking my ‘puter and I’ve packed the little cord thingy that allows me to move pictures from my camera to it, so I’ll post from there!

Cheers!

13 comments:

Ronda's Rants said...

link my Travel with Ronda site to yours and you can guest blog? I love England and it was my favorite first choice until my daughter took me to Ireland on business...I don't know now I love Ireland too!!! Anyway...I would love if you would like to Travel blog and I will link to you....no pressure....pleassseeee!

Ronda's Rants said...

Would you mind ....somehow got cut off from my post ...sorry

Anonymous said...

Have fun!

Solei said...

Ooooooh! That sounds like so much fun!

I definitely wanna see pictures, so yes, please be sure to pack that cable thingy, and the camera and of course the 'puter so you can keep on blogging to us all the way from London!

*and I agree, I am a dork %D
( in a sweet kind of way, lol)

Anonymous said...

*%^#89p49%$#8. (That's Russian for "I'm so freaking jealous.") Safe travels!

Lee said...

Have a great trip. Pity about the suitcase.

hebba said...

Oh, how fun! I haven't been to London yet, but I have been to Scottland and I LOVED it. Drink lots of good beer for me.

Unknown said...

Have a great time! We'll be here when you get back.

Sam_I_am said...

I love London. I was 20 when I went on a school trip and we snuck off and bought smirnoff and felt so guilty. haha. Have a safe, awesome trip!

Hazel Designs said...

Have fun! I love London too :)

Distributorcap said...

have a jolly good time

Zuzana said...

Have a great trip Diane.:)

Blog Stalker said...

London sounds so fun. There is just so much to do and see.

Have a blast!