formerly Diane's Addled Ramblings... the ramblings are still addled, just like before, and the URL is still the same...
it's just the title at the top of the page that's new

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Ego Boost

Some mother-daughter moments just beg to be recorded for posterity...

Ry: Mommy, why do we have an unstable economy?
Me: Oh lord, Ry... couldn't you ask an easier question?
Ry: But I want to know.
Me: So do I. But it's not something I can really explain.
Ry: Yes you can. I'll understand.
Me: It's not you I'm worried about. I don't understand economics. Honestly, it's one of those subjects that makes me feel really stupid.
Ry: But you're not stupid! You're one of the smartest people I know!
Me: Awwwww, thanks, Sweetheart.
Ry: Of course, I don't know very many people. And a lot of the people I know are 9-years-old. And most of them are pretty dorky...
Me: Ry?
Ry: Yes?
Me: You can stop anytime.

15 comments:

justsomethoughts... said...

first! :)

anyway, yeah. kids think we are dumber than dirt. it does beg the question of where they came from. but why bother with the facts. genetics are nowhere near as important as the economy...

Ronda's Rants said...

Oh...you are so much smarter than a 9 year old...most of them..not yours...but the others!
Happy Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

It sounds like something my daughter would say...it's TOO cute until you really think about it LOL

Happy Thanksgiving (in two days)!!!

Unknown said...

See? You are one of the smartest people around.

I'll remain silent on dorky...

Anonymous said...

Hahaha, that's too cute!

Jenners said...

So funny! thanks for the chuckle!

J Cosmo Newbery said...

It is spelt d-i-s-i-n-h-e-r-i-t-e-d.

Zuzana said...

Diane, I am sure you were just that way when you were Ryan's age.;)))
You should start writing down these exchanges in a book, they might be very precious and amusing memories to you and Ryan in some years.:)

Heather said...

Hahahaha...she just kept diggin that hole. That's hilarious. Thanks for the smile this morning!! :) You should be proud that she asks such smart questions!
And have a little patience, will ya?? Haha, I plan on posting something new today. No idea WHAT yet, but there will be something!!
Happy early Thanksgiving, incase I don't post anything in all of the chaos tomorrow. I hope you survive your own chaos!

HLiza said...

Ha ha..this is just the beginning of it. More to come when she's wiser..LOL!

Guinhyvar said...

Oh, classic! I love it. Kids are great, eh?

Melanie Gillispie said...

Heh! Man! I grow prouder of that kid everyday!

drNO said...

hahhahah...
kids r sometimes too smart for us to handle..:):):)

Amy McMean said...

Thats great.

free soul said...

its so cute..
i remember asking my mom such ques..i was hardly 8..
bt ohhh.....i miss her soooo much..gosh i love her....


free soul
http://we-dream.blogspot.com/