formerly Diane's Addled Ramblings... the ramblings are still addled, just like before, and the URL is still the same...
it's just the title at the top of the page that's new

Thursday, February 5, 2009

And the Award Goes To...

I’ve gotten a few luverly awards over the past week or so and I wanted to acknowledge them (ever so gratefully) and pass them on. I decided this time I was going to pass each award to just one person, which was hard, hard, HARD… but here they are…

First is from the inimitable Braja who, I think, made this one up just for me (how cool is that?!). It’s the Queen of All Rambling Award. Now, I’m not prepared to give up my crown just yet, but I’m happy to share it with another rambler – one I’d be thrilled to rule alongside… the lovely Fhina over at A Woman of No Importance (don’t let the title of her blog fool you!). Fhina is a rambler of the very best sort (and someone I know Braja would be proud to crown)… she’s insightful and funny and wise and humble. I adore her and if you head over to her blog, you will, too.

Next is the Marie Antoinette Award given to me by one of my best bloggy friends, Protégé (another blog you should be reading if you’re not already!). This award, as I understand it, is given to bloggers who ‘keep it real’ and I have to pass it on to a very real blog I love, love, LOVE… it belongs to Blognut (my evil twin... though she's a mindless rambler and not an addled rambler... and you know addled is better, right? Yeah, it is... take my word). Anyway, again, if you’re not reading her, what the hell are you waiting for?!


Last is a very special award, given by Denise at Shut the Front Door! It’s the Wonderful Mother Award. I was really touched to receive this one, especially from Denise, whose mom-skills are stellar. Being a mom is a big, wonderful, horrible, scary, funny, miserable, fulfilling job and it’s one that rarely gets acknowledged or thanked. So this means a lot. I’m going to do something unconventional here, though, and I’m passing it on to Coachdad. I know he’s not a mom per se but he IS a single dad of four (count ‘em – four!) daughters. Like me, he (often) gets to be mom AND dad and, as far as I can tell, he’s doing a pretty amazing job. He parents with great humor and great love, and he’s not afraid to admit his blessed imperfections or his fears. So I hope all you wonderful mothers, whose blogs I read and adore, and who all really and truly deserve a Wonderful Mother Award, don’t get upset. If you read his stuff, I'm betting you'll agree with me.

16 comments:

Heather said...

Wow...someone created an award specifically for you?! That's how you know you've arrived, my friend. That's pretty dern impressive. :) And completely deserved... of course!
Anyway, congrats on the all the recognition!

Lee said...

Your very own award? That's pretty good, I reckon.

J Cosmo Newbery said...

You did well. If someone did an award for me it would probably be a dead rat in a shoe box.

Jenners said...

Wow...someone made an award just for you!? That is super duper special! I would just keep it and never give it away! What if you see it show up on some loser blog and you're like --- I don't approve! That is my award --created for me -- and now some inferior has it.

You deserve any and all awards that come your way.

And I've been resisting adding any new blogs to my blogroll as I have too many already but if you say they are so good, I'll have to visit....

Sherri Murphy said...

So, I'm in the presense of royalty, huh?

( I know you can't see it- but I just did my little curtsy thingy)

You are the blog queen!

blognut said...

Hey Cool! Thank you from the bottom of my evil heart. I thought we agreed that you were playing the role of the evil twin though? Crap, I can't even type that with a straight face. I know I'm the dark one and you're the nice one.

namaste said...

I'm not even surprised that you have your own reward. You deserve it! And can I just say that I love the fact you gave the Wonderful Mother award to Coachdad. Just wonderful.

Mama Wheaton said...

I love reading Coachdad, he deserves the award as so do you!

Coachdad said...

You are incredible...thank you. As a Dad, I have always wanted a Wonderful Mother Award! Thank you Diane!

mo.stoneskin said...

Great. More blogs to wade through...nah kidding can't wait to check them out. You deserve the award.

Kate said...

Hi Diane, Flippen Nora ! are you trying to take over the awards planet ??? Only kidding many congrats - Brill idea to pass one of the awards to Coachdad too -well deserved!

♥ Braja said...

I couldn't think of a more worthy co-queen :) and yes, I did make that award up, just for you my precious :)

Zuzana said...

Many BIG congratulations on your awards.;) I am happy to have been one of the givers this time around. Additionally, of an award that I did not receive from you in the first place.;))
You are so very talented, smart and so much fun, I am not surprised you get almost an award a day.;))

Sometimes Sophia said...

Congrats on the new round of awards. You are such a worthy soul and deserve everyone of them!! Reading your blog is always a meaningful delight. (Is that an oxymoron?) Here's wishing you many more!!!

Ronda's Rants said...

Congrats to you and everyone...Have a great weekend!

A Woman Of No Importance said...

A crown, a crown - I get to share a Rambler's crown!!! Does that mean I get it on high days and holidays?

I am in very hallowed company with Coachdad and I am off now to look at Blognut's wisdom. Thank you!

I am grovellingly grateful to you, Diane, (and Braja for allowing co-reigning (!) for your generosity, wit, love, friendship and real kindness. Big hugs x