formerly Diane's Addled Ramblings... the ramblings are still addled, just like before, and the URL is still the same...
it's just the title at the top of the page that's new

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Save the Boobies!

After the unpleasantness of yesterday (though there were some chuckle-worthy moments), I wanted to move on to bigger, better, and more important things today! So I think it's time for me to do another 'Save the Boobies' push!

As many of you know, I'm participating in the Susan G. Komen 3-Day Breast Cancer Walk in DC this October. It's a 60-mile walk (over 3 days) for which I have (like all the other walkers) committed to raise $2,300 (if I don't raise it, I have to make it up myself - YIKES! - or forfeit my right to walk). I'm thrilled to say that I stand, as of this moment, at 69% of my goal, having raised $1,595! Whoo hoo! Many of my bloggy peeps have donated, as have many real-life peeps, and though I believe I've thanked everyone via email (and if I somehow missed you, please accept my deepest apologies!), I wanted to say THANK YOU again, from the bottom of my heart! Your generosity has been amazing and so very much appreciated!

As I think everyone will agree, breast cancer awareness and research is a most worthy cause. Boobies are important, people! Each of us, I'd wager, knows someone affected by this awful disease. If you'd like to know why I'm participating in the event, feel free to have a peek at my post, A Hero In Diva's Clothing, about my friend Cari. I'm walking not just for her, but she has certainly been my inspiration - and my hero - for a long, long time.

I hope you'll be able to donate, if you haven't already. If you can, please just go straight to my 3-Day Event Donation Page and click on the 'Click to Donate to Diane!' button at the top of the thermometer. It's a pretty easy process, requiring a credit or debit card, and they accept donations from all over the world (I've had donations from the UK and Australia). Please know that NO DONATION IS TOO SMALL! Every penny adds up! You can donate anonymously if that makes you feel more comfortable, too ('Anonymous' has nicer connotations in the world of philanthropy than it does in our 'comments' sections! ;). If you don't feel comfortable using your credit card and would rather send a check, please email me and let me know.

If you can't donate, I understand (believe me!) but I hope you'll pass the information on to anyone who might be able to... or anyone willing to pass the information on... the more people we reach, the better!

Again, thank you so much for your generosity, past and future! If you have any questions or experience any difficulty when you donate (technical, that is, as I can't make parting with your money any easier ;), please email me or send me a comment. Ronda, I have to apologize as I just saw that you had a problem a while ago when you tried to donate. I'm so sorry I didn't see your note! (I just deleted my Pink Page Blog, as I wasn't keeping it updated and it was making me feel like a slug!) Hopefully, if you try again, it will work.

OK... that's it for now, my bloggy loves. Thanks again for doing your part to Save the Boobies!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

On Monday I'll make my donation.
That's when I'll have funds again. :)

blognut said...

I can't keep up with you when you make multiple posts in one day!

I will pay you to stop.

Not that I don't want to hear what you have to say. I totally do. But these multiple bursts of blogginess make me fear that I will miss something. Namely, YOU or some spark of brilliance on your part.

Heather said...

Wow - congrats on being nearly 70% there!! YAY!! And, in reference to my post from yesterday... way to "be the change!" You're doing a great thing, missy!

Anonymous said...

I did my part on your pink page. And really, who doesn't like boobies?

Sherri Murphy said...

Boobs are good.
(.)(.)

And I have created another "special" award for you...come and get it!

mo.stoneskin said...

Is this another multiple post day? 2? 3? Arrrgh...

I came by (I think) because you were next on my list...and this is not the post I was expecting...but...

Worthy cause and good work.

Zuzana said...

You are amazing and I admire your dedication to such a worthy cause.;))

Lee said...

Save them? I'd collect them if I was allowed.

Everyday Goddess said...

I think standing up for what we believe in is an inalienable right. You keep going strong! ~ xo Elise