formerly Diane's Addled Ramblings... the ramblings are still addled, just like before, and the URL is still the same...
it's just the title at the top of the page that's new

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Rambling... Diane-style...

First, let me apologize for being a crappy bloggy friend. I haven't read any of your blogs for days and days and likely won't for days and days more. Ummm... more days and days...? Hmmm... until further notice. I'm so tired. I've been going non-stop since last week and won't stop 'til Monday or so. This is Champs Week ('Champs' is the great big swim meet on Saturday), I'm housesitting for my brother and sister-in-law (who live 40 minutes away... which means lots of driving), I've got loads of work in, yadda, yadda, yadda, whinge, whinge, whinge...

Anyway, I wanted to tell you I'm not dead. Dead-tired, maybe. Brain-dead, definitely. But not dead-dead.

An update from the weekend... my mom's surprise party went very well. She was beyond shocked and I scored some good daughter points (of which I was sorely in need). My friend Mel (many of you know her from I'm Not Weird, I'm Gifted... though she is weird... just sayin') came up from NC for the party, which was very cool. You know what it's like to get together with someone you not only love, but you like, with whom you have loads of history? It's so cool. I laugh with Mel like I laugh with no one else... and laugh we did. So even though it was my mother's birthday, I got a present, too!

Our vacation plans to Assateague got all messed up (long story with which I will not bore you), so I re-grouped and planned another trip for us to Smith Mountain Lake State Park... it's gorgeous and half as far away as the coast... but, though it's a large body of water, it's not the sea. Sigh. It'll do, though. We're also going next week and not mid-August, as originally planned, but it's cool.

I know there were other things I was going to ramble about but I can't remember them for the life of me. So I'll just shut up now and get on with my to-do list. I'll be back in a few days... don't forget about me while I'm gone!! XOXO

Oh, and I'll leave you with a couple of pictures from the weekend...

This is Ryan and my niece waiting for my mom to walk into the party... can you believe Elizabeth is 4 months older than Ryan?

My mom arriving at the party... she doesn't look too surprised, does she?

Ryan in the pool, looking all happy and sun-kissed...
Ryan, my godson, and my niece, all looking especially dorky...

My brother's dog, Ben... he sits like this all the time (I think he thinks he's a bear)...

That's all, folks! Have a good week and I'll see you soon!! XOXO

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Know the overwhelmed feeling. See you soon.
xox

blognut said...

Hang in there - I'll miss you. :)

Melanie Gillispie said...

Aw, back at ya! I missed you guys as soon as I left!

I will NEVER get tired of seeing Ben sitting like that.

Chris said...

That dog is hilarious! How in the world did he decide to sit that way?

Great pics.

mo.stoneskin said...

I had started to wonder. I too am not weird, just gifted...

Zuzana said...

Glad to see you back, even though you are not staying for too long.;)
Love all the pictures, Ryan looks so cool.;))
I envy you that you got to spend time with Mel. I also envy Mel that she got to spend some time with you.;))
We won't forget you (it is not possible), so please enjoy your trip.;))
xoxo
Z

Ladybird World Mother said...

Oh I so know that overwhelmed cant comment so tired help feeling!! Am just coming out of that now and so enjoying have a blogging good time.. glad party went well... your mother looks gob-smacked,as we say here... you probably do too... do you?!

Amy McMean said...

glad the party went well. Good luck with the big swim meet

Unknown said...

Methinks your family dogs are not
weird.....just gifted !
N.Z. Whanau

Sherri Murphy said...

Love the dog photo! Cracked me up- which is good- because I couldn't get past the photo of your daughter's PERFECT LONG BROWN GAMS! I am so jealous! Those legs were supposed to mine! There's been a mix-up, I tell ya'.

dianne said...

Glad the party was a happy occasion, love the pics of the family and Ryan, that Ben is so cute I laughed when I saw how he sits...we had a kitty who used to sit that way as well.
You and Ryan have a great camping trip, maybe next time you will make it to the sea. :-) ♡

Jenners said...

That dog just cracks me up!!!

And don't worry about being a bad bloggy friend .. I've decided to take a bit of a hiatus myself and just post once a week. : )

And your mom does look totally surprised!

And I love the photo of Ryan in the water!! What I wouldn't give to have her lovely sun-kissed skin!!!

And I'm sorry your vacation plans didn't work out ...I know you were so looking forward to that.

Maithri said...

I love these photos! Especially the one of the three kids in the pool... thats one they'll sue you for in years to come... ;)

And I could listen to you talk all day you know that right? You make my day,

Love, M

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy your mom had a terrific party! The way the dog sits is hilarious to me!

Anonymous said...

Death and dead-tired are definitely two different things; however, I imagine they feel relatively similar.

And that dog should get some sort of an award for being TOTALLY AWESOME.

Debbie said...

Loved the pictures! Hope your time away is all you hope!! Look forward to your return!!

A Woman Of No Importance said...

No worries, Diane! Sounds like you have heaps on your plate at the mo', but it's good to be busy, and it's great you have other holiday plans worked out...

That pic of your mom was priceless - And what a dog! Ryan gets more like you every day, does she not?

Have a wonderful break! xox

Live More Now said...

First of all, Ryan is darling! So cute. And sun-kissed. I'm jealous, all whitey pastey faced here in seattle sigh.

And that dog is really something. Too bad a few days later he will be getting into all your food in your backpack. :)