formerly Diane's Addled Ramblings... the ramblings are still addled, just like before, and the URL is still the same...
it's just the title at the top of the page that's new

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggety Jig...

Hello All! We're back from the wilds... exhausted, sand-covered, and rather stinky (sweat, sunscreen, and lake water do not a pleasant scent make). I'll be around tomorrow to catch up on my blog-reading but I wanted to give you a little glimpse into our vacation...

That's Ryan and her new friend Amy (who happened to be on holiday in rural Virginia from England!). They had a fastastic time together and I had to drag my child out of the water today to come home.

More photos tomorrow... when I wake up... if I wake up...

20 comments:

Pauline said...

ah the joys of youth and summer. Can't wait to read the details

blognut said...

Welcome home! God, I've missed you and you weren't even gone that long.

Crap!

I hate being needy. :)

Great picture.

Glad you had fun.

Did you hum horrible songs while you were gone? 'Cause that would make me laugh!

XOXO

Zuzana said...

Welcome back! Glad you had fun; that picture is fantastic.;))
xo

hooray said...

Yay! Glad you're home and that you had a good time and being "stinky" means you had a good time!

Welcome back, Hon!

Sometimes Sophia said...

Yeah!! Glad you're back safe...

Heather said...

Glad you had a good time! Can't wait to see and read more!

Jenners said...

Now that is a classic, good old-fashioned vacation photo! Love it! And I'm glad she found a friend to play with ... makes vacation even more fun!

Andy - Instafather said...

Nice to have you back, stinky or not.

zipbagofbones said...

My favorite smell on earth: post-camping smoke-in-the-sweatshirt smell.

Glad you had a blast, can't wait to hear about it!

Amy McMean said...

can't wait to hear/see all about it

Maithri said...

Yay!!! Welcome home dance in honour of you... !

Missed you while you were away.... how'd the gaelic yoghurt tattoo turn out? ;)

Love, M

Debbie said...

welcome back! glad it was fun! hope you get LOTS of rest!!!:)

KatBouska said...

Ahhhh...remember having fun like that?? Wreckless abandon. I love it.

Live More Now said...

Get your rest! Hope you had a great time. I fell asleep at 8 pm last night and just didn't fight it. Woke up at 9 am this morning. Hope you have THAT kind of night of sleep!!

Sam_I_am said...

awesome pic!

Sleep in!

Stu Pidasso said...

....and fun was had by all!

Welcome home, girls!

dianne said...

Welcome home, looking forward to your pics and your holiday news. ♥ xo

Sherri Murphy said...

I thought you said you were home...well, where the heck have you been?!

Your presence has been greatly missed!

Ladybird World Mother said...

Heaven!! glad you had fun.

mo.stoneskin said...

Are you sure Amy as English? English people don't have fun or smile, we just moan about the traffic and weather.