formerly Diane's Addled Ramblings... the ramblings are still addled, just like before, and the URL is still the same...
it's just the title at the top of the page that's new

Saturday, December 5, 2009

Pigsknuckle in White...

So, the weatherman didn't lie after all! We've gotten a load of snow so far and it's still coming down. I took my boy to the park this morning, along with my camera, and then Ryan and I walked downtown, again with the camera, to go to the library and have lunch. Below are some of the pictures I took of lovely Pigsknuckle under a blanket of white...

Here are a few at Pigsknuckle Park... the bridge (where I saw the otter!)...


The pond...


One of the ducks I mentioned in yesterday's post, enjoying his Jacuzzi...


My sweet, gorgeous Boy...


Downtown Pigsknuckle... this is the old courthouse on the square (the new one isn't nearly so pretty)...


Just a cool old building, also on the square, and the 'spring house' in the lower right corner...


My girl, also on the square :)...


Pretty, huh? Everything's pretty when it's covered in snow, I guess. Hope your weekend's as lovely!! XOXO

20 comments:

Michelle said...

I'm just heading out to the beach and you are blanketed in cold stuff...brrrrrr

x

Pauline said...

Snowing here, too though not nearly as heavily as where you are. Hooray for winter!

Rosaria Williams said...

Everything is beautiful. Though your girl doesn't need snow to be pretty.

Rachel Cotterill said...

That all looks so beautiful - we just have rain at the moment! I especially love that photo of the bridge, it's stunning.

Anonymous said...

The first snow is always so tranquil. Great pics!!

blognut said...

I'm totally jealous. Our snow was here and gone within about an hour. So disappointing!!!

Jean said...

wow...you've got your very own Winter Wonderland. Beautiful!

J Cosmo Newbery said...

Snow looks its prettiest when it is nowhere near me.

This looks pretty.

Debbie said...

such beautiful pictures!!!!

Zuzana said...

Ah, beautiful! December snow is the best! Here it is way to warm for any snow yet.;) Ryan has grown a lot.;)
Beautiful picture, have a lovely weekend and enjoy the winter weather,
xo

Anonymous said...

It may be cold but they are fantastic pictures Diane!

swenglishexpat said...

Absolutely beautiful pictures! They make me long even more for Christmas. That soft white blanket gives it all a feeling of serenity. Aaah!

Anonymous said...

You took some really great pictures! It's beautiful and even makes me miss the snow a little!

boneman said...

Quite a crew to visit on a snowy day
out with the 'kids' watching the critters play.
Easily seen is Ryan and her bright red jacket...
(does she know she still has a tag left on it?)
And otters and the duck,
love this kind of weather, "Oh what Luck!"
But if your boy gets ten feet away I fear...
being white he might almost disappear.
But, no worries I suppose
with those great big eyes and black nose.
What a beautiful town
to just hang around,
And I know it sounds silly, but a simple hope I hold.
A wonderful snowy day that wasn't so darned cold!
d=))

Chris said...

Great pictures. I love the one of the bridge. Looks like it could be a Claude Monet painting.

mo.stoneskin said...

I love the bridge, I could look at that photo for hours if it wouldn't prevent me from working!

Heather said...

GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!! Nothing white here. Doesn't really feel much like winter at all, actually... Maybe that's why I've been such a grinch so far. Can't seem to get in the Christmas spirit this year :(

SSP said...

that is just lovely!!! It was supposed to snow above 6000' last night - guess i could poke my head out and see.....i love snow, and miss it!! I don't miss shoveling it and driving in it of course!!

Sometimes Sophia said...

Lovely, lovely photos. Pigsknuckle looks so serene... Remember this when you are sweltering in August. ;-)

Jenners said...

I love how a light dusting of snow can make everything look so pretty. We got slush ... nothing pretty.

Hope you guys feel better soon!